Monday, January 23, 2012

Multimedia Design - My Introduction Video


And we go ... again! Back to the blog. I'm sorry it has been so long since my last entry but alas, here I am, back in the digital flesh; and boy, do we have some things to talk about.


For one, I have started my journey to getting my Technology Education certificate! In doing so, I will be using the blog... a lot! One of the classes I am taking, Multimedia Design for Educators, we be very, very interesting and safe to say, right up my alley. 


For starters, we had to create a multimedia introduction. Believe it or not, I have never created a YouTube video before. I mean, I know how to take a video, edit one and the like but I never got around or into the sharing aspect. I always thought that the videos were a bit too personal and I would think it to be strange that random strangers could find my videos on the web. Well I got over my fear and created a pseudo video presentation by using the Audacity podcast maker, Windows Movie Maker and YouTube. It was sooo much easier that I thought it would be and I am glad I did it. It will make the next few very easy. 


So, with out further ado, here it is!



1 comment:

Erica Holan Lucci said...

Hi Tim,

I enjoyed your intro video -- thanks for sharing. I'm glad that you put thought into layering your video with the music (and using multiple tools to do so), so kudos to the effort you put into it(!) but it's difficult to hear you over the music. I'd say that the music layer may have been best if it were just instrumental. I realize you like the song because of the lyrics (being the alternative to the One Republic version), so maybe leaving the music out entirely (therefore not having to sacrifice the part of the song you like the most) would have been your best bet in this particular introduction video.

Again, I really appreciate your taking the time to work with multiple tools to compose this piece.

Thanks!
Erica